Advanced course for MDCT Coronary and Peripheral Angiography
Dear fellow clinical doctors, specialists, and residents, it is our great pleasure to organize and host the FIRST AND ONLY ACCREDITED ADVANCED COURSE FOR MDCT CORONARY AND PERIPHERAL ANGIOGRAPHY in Serbia, in the cardiology center PULSE. Organizer and lecturer – Dr. Ivana Šešić – radiology specialist with professional associates.
Seeing the ever-widening application of multislice CT diagnostics, especially in the field of coronary and peripheral angiography, and on the other hand the insufficient number of trained staff, we are launching MDCT training this year 2023. All interested parties will receive top education and training as well as the opportunity to engage in this radiological field in the future discipline.
Education includes theoretical teaching and practical work at several workstations in the premises of the diagnostic/cardiology center PULSE, which has a 128-slice Philips Incisive CT scanner of the latest generation.
Certificate: Participants who successfully complete the school for MDCT coronary and peripheral angiography will be presented with an accredited certificate worth 6 points.
(Accreditation for the educational program /KME/ assigned by the Medical Chamber of Serbia and the Health Council of Serbia).
Advanced course duration: April 3 – April 28, 2023 (4 weeks)
Advanced course price: 2.800 eur
The number of participants is limited.
Physicians, residents and clinical physicians can take advantage of a 10% discount on the regular price for applications until the end of 2022 with 50% payments of the total price. Payments should be done on the account of Pulse cardiology center 340-1102808062 at Erste Bank.
Please contact us, if you are paying as a company or you are paying from abroad, so we can send you a preliminary invoice and payment instructions. The remaining 50% of the amount must be paid before the start of the program and no later than March 30.
Book your place by phone 011/7555-000
What are the educational goals of the program?
- The role of MDCT in the diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases
- Basic terms and principles of MDCT diagnostics
- Basic terms and principles of MDCT angiographic diagnostics
- Acquisition of theoretical knowledge about the most common pathological conditions in the field of radiovascular imaging
- Acquisition of practical cardiovascular imaging skills and familiarization with basic postprocessing methods of multislice computed tomography
What knowledge will the participants acquire?
- Morphological-anatomical characteristics and etiology of coronary disease
- Morphological-anatomical characteristics and etiology of peripheral vasculopathies
- Morphology, types and characterization of vascular plaque
- MDCT diagnosis of coronary arteries, supra-aortic branches, arteries of the lower and upper extremities, diseases of the aorta
- Limitations and shortcomings of MDCT diagnostics in the field of cardiovascular imaging
What skills will the participants acquire?
- Knowledge of the work and basic principles at the multislice Computed Tomography workstation
- Mastering the postprocessing software for processing angiographic examinations
- The use and role of MPR, MIP, VR, 3D programs in the interpretation of pathological conditions of the Cardiovascular System
- Processing and reconstruction of angiographic MDCT examinations
- MDCT angiographic specialist report writing
What learning/training methods will be used?
- practical exercises
- solving clinical problems
- work in a small group
- project-oriented learning
- demonstration of clinical skill
MD Ivana Šešić – radiolgist
She completed basic and also the studies in radiology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Belgrade.
She gained many years of clinical experience (14 years) in the field of cardiovascular imaging, cardiology and radiology at the Dedinje Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases as the first female radiologist at this institution. During this period, Dr. Ivana was engaged in several private health institutions in Belgrade as an expert consultant in the aforementioned fields.
She received her master’s degree in the United States of America at the prestigious Brandeis University on the subject of “Global Health Management and Policy”, after which she gained work experience in the field of artificial intelligence in radiology, academic research and clinical studies at the Massachusetts General Hospital at the Harvard Medical School in the USA.
Dr. Ivana is the founder and owner of the specialist radiology practice DOUTORA and an expert consultant in the field of cardiovascular imaging at the cardiology center PULSE.