MD PhD Petar Vukićević
MD PhD Petar Vukićević
Specific professional orientation:
- Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Aortic Root Reconstruction (Valve Sparing Procedure and Aortic Valve Repair)
- Surgery of Aortic Dissection and Aneurysms of Aortic Arch
- Bypass Surgery and Off-pump Bypass Surgery, Arterial Grafts in Myocardial Revascularization
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Congenital Heart Defects in Adult
- Circulatory Assistance (Intra-aortic balloon-pump, Centrifugal pump, LVAD, Berlin Heart, Thoratec – HeartMate, HeartWare VAD)
- Heart Transplantation
1993 – 2000 – Medical school, University of Belgrade, Serbia
2000 – 2001 – General Practice – Medical school, University of Belgrade and Clinic for Pediatric Surgery, Institute for Health Protection of Mother and Child of Serbia
2001 – 2006 – Residency in General Surgery – Medical school, University of Belgrade, Institute for Cardiovascular diseases UC Clinical Centre, Belgrade, Serbia
2010 – Medical School, University of Belgrade and Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases UC Clinical Centre, Belgrade, Serbia. Postgraduate MSc Course in Cardiovascular Surgery. MSc Thesis: “Carpentier rigid ring or Biodegradable Flexible ring in Mitral valve repair”, Advisor: Prof. M. Ristic
2008 – 2011 – Medical School, University of Belgrade, Institute for Cardiovascular Disease, UC Clinical Centre, Belgrade, Serbia. Subspecialty Residency in Cardiac Surgery. Subspecialty thesis: “Comparative analysis: Rigid ring versus biodegradable flexible ring in surgical treatment of the degenerative mitral valve disease”, Advisor: Prof.Dusan Velimirovic
2012 – 2016 – PhD study – Medical School, University of Belgrade. Study was done in collaboration with the Department for Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade.
2016 – PhD thesis “The effect of various operative techniques during the myocardial surgical revascularisation to an oxidative stress and antioxidative protection”, Medical School, University of Belgrade. Advisor: Prof.Aleksandar Mikic
1997 – 1998 – Medical Student Volunteer – Clinic for Cardiac Surgery – Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases “Dedinje”, Belgrade, Serbia
2000 – 2001 (fifteen months) – Division for Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Institute for Mother and Child, Belgrade, Serbia – Department for Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
2001 – 2010 -Clinic for Cardiac Surgery, Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases, University Clinical Centre, Belgrade – Serbia. Cardiac surgeon who performing and assisting different and case mixed, elective and urgent, adult cardiac surgical procedure and vascular surgical procedures. Special focus on arterial revascularization of the heart, mitral valve reconstruction, surgery of thoracic aorta (valve sparing procedure, acute and chronic aortic dissection – type A, aneurysm of thoracic aorta, ventricular restorative surgery for ischemic heart disease (modified Dor’s procedure and other), ventricular assistance (IABP) and congenital heart defects in adult.
2007 – Heart and Vascular Center, Semmelweis University, Budapest
Education about radiofrequency surgical ablation – Atrial fibrillation
2008 – Clinical Fellow in Cardio-vascular Surgery – Department for Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital of Stuttgart, Germany; Sana Herzchirurgie Stuttgart, Germany (Prof. Wolfgang Hemmer, Prof. Nicolas Dol)
Education about Valve sparing procedure (David, Yacoub) and Ross procedure, and
Off – Pump total arterial revascularisation of the heart
2009 – 2010 – Clinical Fellow in Cardio-vascular Surgery – Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospitals of Geneva (Prof. Afksendyios Kalangos), Switzerland; Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève, Service de chiurgie cardio-vasculaire, Swiss.
Education about mitral valve repair, aortic root and arch reconstruction and complex congenital heart defect
2010-2011 – Division of Cardiac Surgery, Private Belgrade Cinical Centre
Deputy Head of the Clinic of Cardiac Surgery
2011 – present – Division of Cardiac Surgery, Military Medical Academy, Belgrade, Serbia
2012 – 2103 – Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Konkuk University Hospital, Seoul, South Korea ( Prof. Meong Gun Song )
- CARVAR Academy – Comprehensive Aortic Root and Valve Repair – Education about aortic leaflet and aortic root repair – A Novel Technique Approach
- COMVAR Academy – Comperhensive Mitral Valve Repair – Education about Mitral Valve Repair – A Novel Technique Approach
- Heart Transplant Program
2013 – Bel Medic Hospital, Belgrade, Serbia – Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon
2017 – Department of Cardiac Surgery, Hospital ”Filip Vtori”, Skopje, North Macedonia – Visiting Cardiac Surgeon
Aortic and Mitral Valve Surgery on the Beating Heart
- Aortic Valve Reconstruction and replacement on the Beating Heart
- Mitral Valve Reconstruction and replacement on the Beating Heart
Heart protection strategies
- Warm blood continuos cardioplegy (antegrade and retrograde)
2017 – Medical Faculty of the Military Medical Academy, University of Defence, Belgrade, Serbia – Assistant Professor
2017 – 2020 – University Clinic for Cardiac Surgery, Skopje, North Macedonia
Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon – Visiting Cardiac Surgeon
2021 – Medical Faculty of the Military Medical Academy, University of Defence, Belgrade, Serbia – Associate Professor
2022 – „Pulse cardiology center” – Belgrade, Serbia – Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon
Seminars, memberships, publications
- 2009 – 2010 – Biodegradable Ring for Mitral Valve Repair and Biodegradable Materials in Cardiovascular Surgery (Clinical Research-Genève, Suisse – 2009-2010)
- 2012 – 2016 – The effect of various operative techniques during the myocardial surgical revascularization to an oxidative stress and antioxidative protection (OPCAB and On-Pump CABG) – (Clinical Research – Belgrade 2012-2016)
2009 – Scholarship – Humanitarian Foundation “Hearts for All”, Geneva, Switzerland
La Fondation Humanitaire ”Coeurs pour tous” – Geneve, Swiss
2009 – Scholarship – “HRH Crown Princess Katherine Foundation”, Belgrade, Serbia
- European Society for Cardiovascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Serbian Society for Cardiovascular Surgery
- Serbian Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery – Secretary of the Society (2004)
- Macedonian Society for Cardiothoracic, Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Serbian Medical Society – Surgical Section
- Cardiology (Textbook about all cardiac pathology)
Editor: Academician Miodrag Ostojic, Academician Vladimir Kanjuh
First Edition, Belgrade 2011.
Publisher: Zavod za udžbenike i nastavna sredstva, Beograd, Srbija
- Chapter XV – 2.1
Aortic Valve Repair
- Chapter XV – 2.2
Mitral Valve Repair
- Chapter XV – 2.3
Tricuspid Valve Repair
- Chapter XV – 5
Surgery for the Congenital Heart Defect in the Adult
Publications published in the Indexed Journals –
Current Contests (CC) or Science Citation Index (SCI)
- Vukicevic P, Klisic A, Neskovic V, Babic L, Mikic A, Bogavac-Stanojevic N, Matkovic M, Milicevic V, Aleksic N, Kotur-Stevuljevic J. Oxidative stress in patients before and after on-pump and off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting-relationship with Syntax Score. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2021 July 15;2021: 3315951. doi:10.1155/2021/3315951
- Vukicevic P, Klisic A, Neskovic V, Babic L, Mikic A, Bogavac-Stanojevic N, Matkovic M, Putnik S, Aleksic N, Kotur-Stevuljevic J. New Markers of Platelet Activation and Reactivity and Oxidative Stress Parameters in Patients Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2021 Jun 26;2021:8915253. doi: 10.1155/2021/8915253
- Vukicevic P, Klisic A, Kotur-Stevuljevic J, Mikic A, Bogavac-Stanojevic N, Matkovic M, Putnik S, Aleksic N, Tutus V, Karikas GA. Paraoxonase 1 low activity and SYNTAX score may predict postoperative complications after coronary artery surgery. European Review for Medical and Pharmalogical Sciences, (2021), Vol. 25(3): 1151-1521.
- Jankovic N, Simic D, Mikic A, Matkovic M, Vukicevic P, Elezovic I. The first case of surgical myocardial revascularisation and endarterectomy of the right carotid artery in the same procedure in a patient with haemophilia A. Vojnosanitetski pregled, (2021), Vol. 78(1): 99-104.
- Vukicevic P, Matkovic M, Markovic I, Mikic A, Putnik S, Bozic M, Aleksic N, Cvetic V, Tutus V, Dzodic R. Successfully Resected Cardiac Metastatic Melanoma in a Lifesaving Cardiac Surgery: A Case Report. Heart Surgery Forum (2020); Vol.23 (4), E527-E530.
- Mikic A, Matkovic M, Vukicevic P, Obrenovic-Kircanski B, Karamarkovic N, Velinovic M, Samanovic M, Putnik S. The Atriovenous Hemangioma of the Right Ventricle – Case Report and Literature Review. Vojnosanitetski pregled (2019); Vol.76 (12), 1301-1303.
- Bogavac-Stanojevic N, Jovanovic R, Vukicevic P, Lakic D, Kotur-Stevuljevic J. Cost-Effectiveness of Different Diagnostic Strategies for Prediction of Lenght of Stay in Hospital After Cardiac Surgery (Meeting Abstract). Value in Health, (2018), vol.21, Suppl.2, S33-S33.
- Vukicevic P, Mikic A, Kotur-Stevuljevic J, Bogavac-Stanojevic N, Milic N, Nikolic Lj, Martinovic J. Oxidative stress and platelet activation during on-pump and off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with double grafted vessels (Article). Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment. (2016), Vol.30(6): 1132-1141.
For more information, please click the link bellow for some of my open-heart surgeries: